Here is another soup that I have fallen in love with! The coriander is the winner in this one! It has such a sweet flavor, I sure was pleased. I left out the lentils this time. but next time I'll do no such thing!
FYI- I found this recipe from this lovely blog.
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seed
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp dried basil
3/4 tsp sea salt
Few pinches cayenne pepper
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup onion, diced
3-4 medium-large cloves garlic, minced or grated
3 – 3 1/2 cups yellow or orange-fleshed sweet potato, diced
1 can (14 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup dry red lentils, rinsed
3 cups vegetable stock
3 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil with the spices and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes, and then add the onion, garlic, and sweet potato. Stir through, cover, and cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions have started to soften. Add all remaining ingredients except ginger (and figs, if using), and increase heat to high to bring to boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes, until lentils are fully dissolved. Add fresh ginger, stir through, and serve!
No comments:
Post a Comment